Cyrus Julian

Helping indie musicians, artists and fashion designers
๐Ÿงช

Any recommended forum APIs/SaaS tools that work well with Draftbit?

๐Ÿงช
Thanks in advance!
Cyrus

Best practices/tips on using UI/UX tools with Draftbit?

๐Ÿงช
Happy Friday all,ย 

I'm completely new to the whole UI/UX world so decided to take the Google course on UX design to take a dip in the pool sorta speak.ย  They recommended sketching things out first/wireframing/etc along with tools such as Figma/Adobe XD. ย 

Just curious how others use these strategies with Draftbit to have an efficient workflow while maintaining creativity? ย 

Thanks in advance!
Cyrus

Can Draftbit work with more than one BaaS provider simultaneously? What's contingency plan if one goes down?

๐Ÿงช
Hi all,
I just found out recently that one of the BaaS providers that work with Draftbit went down 5-6 times this month.ย  Does anybody have any ideas on what would be a contingency plan solution for this scenario?ย  My very noob thinking is "ok, just have a backup BaaS ready to go then" but I'm pretty sure it's not that simple.ย  Or is it?

Could I have say airtable set up to automatically take over in the event the main BaaS provider goes down?

That would really suck to spend a lot of time and energy (and possibly money) to support a launch only for it to fail when potential users try it for the first time.

Thanks in advance!
Cy

QR code functionality

๐Ÿงช
Hi all, I know that we use QR codes to preview our app but do we have the option to also incorporate QR codes into our own app or do we still need to use an outside API? ย 

One use case I'm considering is maybe having a printed QR code at say a local restaurant or even a pole outside and a user could scan the code and get all the store's relevant information/marketing/coupons.ย  Also, if it would be possible for the store to get the user's contact info?

Thanks in advance!
Cyrus

BaaS export options? IP ownership?

๐Ÿงช
Hi all, this is a topic I had posted in the old forum just before we switched over to this new one.ย  (Thanks ๏ปฟ Nick Selman ๏ปฟ for your Airtable recommendation.)

Apologies in advance if this answer is obvious as I'm a total noob to the world of BaaS (backend as a service) Per this list here from Draftbit: https://docs.draftbit.com/docs/rest-api-integrations there are some cool Rest API options available. ย 

But can we also export the code/logic similar to Draftbit so we can tweak it later and own the IP?ย  Or are we always going to be dependent on them?

In briefly going over the list, I'm guessing that Bubble and Wordpress, it's no but Webflow allows code export, so maybe they do?ย  Or is it only their front end code that's exportable but not their CMS?ย  I also reached out to Backendless and was told you can export schema, data, users and files via a zip file with CSV files for each data table.ย  But is that everything or is there some business logic somewhere that's missing that would make it worthless for a developer to tweak later on?

Thanks for your time!
Cyrus